Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday splits in district
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday splits in district|
Ferriday High's boys and girls teams cruised to easy wins over Sterlington in District 2-2A action at Ferriday Friday.
Ferriday's boys cruised to a 52-25 win over Sterlington.
Ferriday held the Panthers to one basket in the first period as they held a 13-2 advantage and outscored Sterlington 19-4 in the second period.
"We did a pretty good defensive job," said Ferriday coach Glen Henderson. "The guys came out focused and didn't take Sterlington for granted. We have to play every game like it is our last game and make sure we get into the playoffs."
Carlton Robinson led Ferriday with 15 points, while Orlando Davis added 13 and Levier Pryor 12.
Ferriday girls used a stifling defense to set up a lot of fast-break baskets.
Ferriday's girls led 17-8 after one period and 34-15 at halftime.
Chante Poole led the Lady Trojans with 22 points, while Jasmine Butler added 17 and Atasia Banks 15.
Ferriday High dropped a pair of games at Lake Providence Tuesday.
The Lady Trojans saw a five-point halftime lead disappear in the second half in a 54-40 loss to the Lady Panthers.
Ferriday fell to 4-2 in district play.
"We played a good first half and did a good job with our motion offense, but got away from that in the second half," said Ferriday coach Lisa Abron.
Ferriday is still without Jalessia Davis, who sprained her ankle in practice and may be out the rest of the season.
Ferriday hosts Jonesboro-Hodge Friday, which handed the Lady Trojans their only other district loss.
Ferriday's girls are 24-5 overall.
"We still should have a high seed for the playoffs," Abron said.
Ferriday's boys also fell to 4-2 in district play with a 40-35 loss to Lake Providence.
Ferriday led 29-28 lead after three periods, but was outscored by Lake Providence 12-6 in the final eight minutes.
Carlton Robinson led Ferriday with 17 points.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|