Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Huntington getting new district foes
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Huntington getting new district foes|
Welcome Trinity Episcopal, CHA and Briarfield Academy, so long Franklin Academy and Wilkinson County Christian Academy.
Huntington School will compete in District 6A for the next two school years with Briarfield Academy, Chamberlain-Hunt Academy, Tallulah Academy, Tensas Academy and Trinity Episcopal Day School.
Because Tensas Academy plays six-man football and CHA does not field a football team, the Hounds will only have three district football games.
"That's fine as long as they don't put our district games at the beginning of the year," said Huntington coach Chad Harkins.
WCCA moved up to Class 2A.
While it's only three district games, those games will be competitive as Trinity is moving down from Class 2A after advancing to the playoffs in that classification the last two years, and Briarfield has been a playoff participant the past several years.
"And Tallulah is going to be very mproved," Harkins said. "Trinity should be a favorite to win State. They have a lot of guys coming back and Coach (David) King always does a good job with what he has. Briarfield has a good tradition and they are always tough."
Harkins said he hopes to play Franklin Academy and WCCA as non-district opponents.
"We've sent in our mutual consent forms and should be getting our schedule in the next month or so," he said.
Franklin is now in a District 7-A with Central of Grand Cane, Claiborne, Riverdale, Riverfield and Union Christian Academy in Farmerville.
Adams County Christian School remains in District 5-AA with Central Private, Centreville Academy, Silliman Institute and Wilkinson County Christian Academy.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|