Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: D.A.R.E. officers plan graduations in Concordia
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|D.A.R.E. officers plan graduations in Concordia|
Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office D.A.R.E. Officers Lt. Uzella Frazier, Investigator Bobby Sheppard and Deputy Stephen Karabelen have scheduled graduation ceremonies for fifth grade students throughout Concordia Parish who have successfully completed 12 weeks of D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) training.
Graduation ceremonies are planned at the parish's five public and private schools February 9 ñ 13.
D.A.R.E. is the international, officer-led program that gives students the skills they need to avoid involvement in drugs, gangs and violence. During the 12 weeks, the students study the various types of drugs and alcohol and ways to avoid their use, as well as the many peaceful ways to resolve potentially violent situations.
Additionally, the students learn how to handle peer pressure and ways to build their self-confidence.
Along with the Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office, major sponsors of D.A.R.E. in Concordia Parish are Concordia Bank & Trust and Louisiana Hydroelectric.
The public is invited to attend all D.A.R.E. graduations. Following is the complete schedule:
Concordia Parish D.A.R.E. Graduations
Ridgecrest, Monday, Feb. 9, 2 p.m., school cafeteria.
Monterey, Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2 p.m., school gym.
Huntington, Wednesday, Feb. 11, 10 a.m., school gym.
Vidalia Upper, Thursday, Feb. 12, 1 p.m., school gym.
Ferriday Upper, Friday, Feb. 13, 1 p.m., school gym.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|