Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday native signs with LSU
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday native signs with LSU|
Ferriday native Kimberlyn "Archea" Duncan signed a track scholarship Feb. 4 with LSU.
Duncan, who plans to pursue a degree in history, attended Ferriday Lower Elementary before her family moved to Texas.
Duncan is a senior with high honors at Cypress Springs High School in Katy, Texas. Kimberlyn is very competitave in track and field and has a passion for running.
In 2007, Kimberlyn competed in the 200 meter and 4x100 meter relay at the AAU Junior Olympic Championships in Knoxville, Tennessee. Kimberlyn holds a pair of District 17-5A titles in the 200 meter and 4x100 relay and successfully defended her district title in the 200 meters as a junior in 2008.
Prior to signing with LSU, Duncan set a personal best of 24.33 in the 200 meters to finish fourth in the young women's age group at the 2008 AAU Junior Olympics in Detroit, Michigan and she was also a part of the 4x100 relay team which placed second at this junior olympics meet and she also participated in the 100 meter dash during this meet.
Duncan is elated to have the opportunity to attend LSU and be able to continue to compete in Track and Field.
"First and foremost, I thank God for blessing me with this opportunity to be on the right path to achieving my future goals and to also have blessed me with two wonderful, loving and supportive parents that have kept me focuse," Duncan said."I will definitely miss my family, friends and teachers in Texas, but Louisiana is home away from home for me because my grandparents, aunts, uncles and other relatives will only be an hour and a half away"
Duncan is the daughter of Antonne, Jr. and Schrylean Duncan of Katy, Texas formerly of Ferriday, Louisiana and has a younger sister Kiersten Duncan.
Her paternal grandparents are Antonne, Sr. and Maxine Duncan of Ferriday and her paternal great-grandmother is Mrs. Willie Hill, also of Ferriday.
Her maternal grandparents are Albert and Gloria Nix of Clayton, Louisiana and her paternal great-grandmother is Mrs. Thelma Nix of Fayette, Miss.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|