Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday, Monterey start playoffs
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday, Monterey start playoffs|
Ferriday High's Lady Trojans host Lakeview, while Monterey travels to Hathaway in first round girls basketball playoff action Thursday.
The Lady Trojans received a No. 4 seed and will be hosting No. 29 Lakeview.
"I was a little disappointed in that because I thought we would be a No. 2 or No. 3 seed," said Ferriday girls coach Lisa Abron, whose team is 26-5 overall. "I guess everybody else moved up. I was surprised Episcopal moved ahead of us."
John Curtis is seeded No. 1, followed by South Beauregard and Episcopal.
Game time Thursday for the Ferriday game is 7 p.m. and admission is $6.
Monterey is seeded No. 31 and will travel to No. 2 Hathaway for a 6 p.m. contest with admission at $6.
"One of our goals at the first of the year was to make the playoffs," said Monterey girls coach Cary Shively. "We're glad to be there and once you get in the playoffs anything can happen."
Lakeview did not make the playoffs last year, while Ferriday lost to St. Thomas Aquinas 65-62 in the second round.
"We need to take advantage of home court and come out and force turnovers and be aggressive," Abron said. "We need to maintain our composure and do the simple things, such as block out and rebound, things we have done to help us get this far."
The winner of the Ferriday-Lakeview game will face the winner of the Westminster-Springfield contest on Monday.
Monterey's game at Hathaway is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Thursday. The Lady Wolves are in the playoffs for the first time in three years. Hathaway lost to Hornbeack in the quarterfinals last year.
"We have continuously gotten better as the year has progressed nd the girls have had a lot of fun and worked hard all season," Shively said. "We're proud of finishing second with a 4-2 record in a good district. This is going to be a good experience for a young team to experience what it is all about and we're looking forward to the challenge."
The Monterey-Hathaway winner faces the winner of the Kilbourne-Anacoco contest on Monday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|