Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2009
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 6th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2009|
SIX PERCENT RATE CUT FOR VIDALIA UTILITY CUSTOMERS
Mayor Hyram Copeland announced Wednesday another six percent across-the-board reduction in electric rates for Vidalia continuing the downtrend.
CONCORDIA MAN BOOKED FOR THEFT OF FEMA TRAILERS
Federal agencies, including the FBI and the U.S. Marshal's Service Fugitive Task Force, booked a Concordia Parish man this morning in connection with the theft of two FEMA trailers.
ADAMS COUNTY SHERIFF'S PUBLIC SERVICE BEGAN IN CONCORDIA
Funeral services were yet to be announced at presstime for Adams County Sheriff Ronnie Brown, who died earlier today of an apparent heart attack. While Brown was in his second term as sheriff he got his start in public service in Concordia Parish during his early 20s when he was elected as a Vidalia alderman in 1972.
LIBRARY RENOVATION PROJECT UNCERTAIN
The Concordia Parish Library Board of Directors will determine next week whether to begin its $250,000 renovation project at the old courthouse in Vidalia or wait until the Police Jury repairs the roof.
TOWN REVIEWS AUDIT ISSUES
CPA Myles Hopkins told the Ferriday Town Council Tuesday night it has serious problems to address following a recent town audit. Hopkins said the town had been losing an average of $400 per day for an extended period due to a check writing scheme involving a former town employee.
ALDERMAN PAY HIKE BACK ON TABLE
Ferriday aldermen will once again consider raising their salaries following action during the Town Council's regular meeting Tuesday.
FEMA TO PAY POLICE JURY $42,358.17 FOR ROADS
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will pay the Concordia Parish Police Jury $42,358.17 to repair two roads heavily damaged in the aftermath of Hurricane Gustav last year.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|