Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Catfish Baseball Classic set in Vidalia
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 6th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Catfish Baseball Classic set in Vidalia|
If it's the second week of March it must be tournament time.
The annual Vidalia High Catfish Classic is set for Thursday through Saturday.
"We're just watching the Weather Channel," said Vidalia coach Johnny Lee Hoffpauir. "It's become a local joke that when we have a tournament, the rain, sleet or snow is sure to follow."
Tournament play begins Thursday at 5 p.m. as the Vikings face Jena.
On Friday, Cathedral faces Oak Hill at 4:30 p.m., followed by Cathedral against Trinity at 6:30 p.m.
On Saturday, Trinity faces Jena at 9:30 a.m.
Vidalia and Oak Hill battled at 11:30 a.m., followed by Cathedral against Jena at 1:30 p.m.
Oak Hill faces Trinity at 3:30 p.m., followed by Vidalia against Cathedral.
"We have a lot of local teams, so we can make adjustments if we get pushed back," Hoffpauir said.
Admission is $5 and $3 for 12-under.
Catfish plates will be available for $5.
"This is a our big money-maker," Hoffpauir said. "It's a big deal and helps us financially."
Vidalia enters the tournament with a 3-5 record.
The Vikings fell to Cathedral 9-3 Monday at Liberty Park.
The Vikings went up 2-0 in the first inning before the Green Wave answered with two runs each in the first and second innings.
Preston Edwards picked up the win for Cathedral.
Kole Junkin tripled and singled for the Green Wave.
Vidalia finished with four hits.
Trey Lillie, John Brixey, Seth Thompson and Dalton Slade singled for the Vikings.
Vidalia fell to Adams County Christian School 2-1 on Thursday.
The Vikings' only run came after Seth Thompson doubled and scored when Matt Souderes' groundball was misplayed.
Seth Barlow, Jake DeWeese and Trey Lillie also doubled for the Vikings.
Jake Brumfield's 2-run home run accounted for the Rebel runs.
Mason Ozburn had 17 strikeouts for the Vikings.
"I'm really baffled about our lack of hitting," Hoffpauir said. "Our 1983 team, two-thirds of our outs were strikeouts. We're on pace to beat that. We have three experienced sticks back and we're young, but you can use that excuse for so long. These kids practice hard, but it's not showing on the field. We have to be better disciplined at the plate and that concerns me."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|