Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vidalia Invitational begins Thursday
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 6th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Vidalia Invitational begins Thursday|
The catfish is back and hopefully so are the clear skies for the Vidalia Invitational this week.
The Vidalia Baseball Catfish Classic lost out to the rain last week.
"That was costly," said Vidalia High baseball coach Johnny Lee Hoffpauir.
Only one game was able to be played Thursday before the rains came in and washed away the remainder of the tournament.
On Thursday, Vidalia defeated Jena 6-5 in a game called by time limit after the top of the fourth inning.
"It rained throughout that game and into Monday, so we lost the Delhi Charter game also," Hoffpauir said. "That's four straight home dates in a row."
Vidalia tied the game at 1-1 as both teams scored on passed balls.
The Vikings went up 3-1 in the second as starting pitcher Seth Thompson singled and scored on a sacrifice fly by Jake DeWeese.
Vidalia's final runs three runs came in the third inning as B.J. Neely walked, moved to second on a sacrifice bunt by Seth Barlow. Caleb Vines followed with a single and Mason Ozburn was hit by a pitch.
Thompson then cleared the bases when his fly ball to centerfield was dropped.
Play in the Vidalia Invitational begins Thursday as Vidalia faces Minden at 6 p.m.
Minden takes on Franklin Parish Friday at 4:30 p.m. Vidalia takes on Calvary Baptist at 6:45 p.m.
On Saturday, Minden faces Calvary Baptist at noon. Calvary Baptist meets Franklin Parish at 2:15 p.m., followed by Vidalia against Franklin Parish at 4:30 p.m.
"We missed the crowds from local teams last week, but this is going to be a good tournament," Hoffpauir said. "And we need to play some games, especially with as young a team as we are. We're looking forward to getting back on the field."
Catfish plates will be sold this week during the Invitational.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|