Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Bad luck for the Irish?
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 6th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Bad luck for the Irish?|
I don't mean to wish any bad luck on the Irish (what's wrong with that saying), but I would like to see Notre Dame finish with a losing record this season for a selfish reason. I think it would be the story of the year to see who Notre Dame would hire as its next coach?
I think Charlie Weis is a great guy and will be a good collegiate coach. He can obviously recruit. But Irish eyes will be watching closely this year.
My bad wishes for the Irish have nothing to do with not like Notre Dame. I still enjoy watching Rudy. But imagine the possibilities.
Would Notre Dame go after Nick Saban. Hey, here's a guy from the Midwest who is Irish Catholic.
I don't think Saban would give any other job a passing thought except Notre Dame. You can basically forget about the NFL. Saban would drool over the national recruiting base Notre Dame has for its arsenal.
Notre Dame would certainly have to come up with a big name after bungling things with Ty Willingham and Weis, if he doesn't have a good season.
How about Pete Carroll?
He certainly has to be tired of having to finish with a perfect record to have a chance to play for a national title.
And the guy has a huge ego.
Urban Meyer? What does he have to prove in Florida anymore? Win a title at Notre Dame and your name will be up there with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant.
Les Miles? Hey, Michigan was interested. And Miles saw the other side of LSU fans last season.
But somehow that doesn't seem to be a good fit. And he would never upset the Michigan folks any more than he did after turning them down. Take the Notre Dame job? He would have to sneak into the Great Lakes state.
Bobby Bowden? Just kidding. Trying to give the man a break to clean up his image. But he would have the luxury of getting pep talks from Lou Holtz. Or make that pep gibberish. Wonder how much his Saint Bobby book is selling for now on e-bay?
So what other coaches may be on the hot seat?
How about Steve Kragthorpe at Louisville. The Cardinals went 6-6 last year and missed out on a bowl game for the first time in 10 years.
Al Groh at Virginia did not lead his Cavaliers to a bowl game, the only team in the ACC besides Duke who didn't play in the postseason. Not a good thing when you are compared to Duke when you are not talking about basketball.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|