Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Concordia Machine Pitch team cruises to title
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Concordia Machine Pitch team cruises to title|
After cruising through the Machine Pitch Dixie Youth Sub-district round robin tournament to seed teams, the Concordia Americans survived a couple of bumps in the rode to win the tournament championship Saturday in Vidalia.
The Americans begin state tournament play Thursday in DeRidder.
After winning its first game in the tournament and receiving a bye, the Americans fell to Winnsboro Nationals, 10-9.
Concordia defeated South Franklin to advance to the championship game, having to beat Winnsboro Nationals twice.
The Americans won the first game, 13-8, and used solid defense to win the championship game, 6-2.
In the first game against Winnsboro, Nick Melton, Caden Poole and Trent Jordan each scored two runs.
In the final championship game, Tanner Jenkins scored two runs while Melton, Poole, Tony Tolliver and Doodie Smith score one run each.
The Americans scored 11 runs in the first inning in their win over South Franklin on Friday.
Trey Poole and Dawson Parker each scored two runs for the Concordia Americans, who added one run each in the second, third and fourth innings.
Scoring one run each were Nick Melton, Tanner Jenkins, Caden Poole, Trent Jordan, Drake Smith, Tony Tolliver, Doddie Smith, Trenton Miller, Paul Cupstid and Jacob Beard.
Scoring runs for the Americans were Nick Melton, Tanner Jenkins, Caden Poole, Trey Poole, Trent Jordan, Drake Smith, Doddie Smith, Trenton Miller and Paul Cupstid.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|