Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Concordia Field Day/Tour set
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Concordia Field Day/Tour set|
A Field Day/Tour of LSU AgCenter's cotton, rice and soybean demonstration plots in Concordia is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14, 2009, according to Glen Daniels, County Agent. Registration for the Field Day will begin at 9:00 a.m. at Scott Tractor Company, 12080 Hwy 84W, Ferriday.
The first field tour stop will be made at Randy Meng's cotton variety demo plot located off of Hwy. 129, Monterey, followed by rice and soybean demonstration plots at Angelina Ag, Monterey. Field tour topics will include water quality, weed, disease and insect control by LSU AgCenter specialists and updates on varieties by chemical representatives.
This field day/tour also meets the requirements for completion of Phase II and 3 hours of continuing educational credits in the Louisiana Master Farmer Program. The tour will conclude with lunch. For more information contact Concordia Extension Office at 318-336-5315.
The complete tour schedule follows:
Meet at Scott/Case Tractor Company, 9:00.
Travel to Randy Meng's Field, 9:10.
Cotton Variety Test, Dr. Don Boquet, 9:15.
Cotton Insect Update, Dr. Roger Leonard, 9:25.
Travel to Angelina Fields, Monterey, 9:30.
Master Farmer Program
Water Quality, Donna Morgan, 9:45.
Rice-Tec Variety Update, Cullen Minter, Rice-Tec, 10:00.
Rice Water Weevil Demo, Dr. Natalie Hummel, 10:15.
& Rice Insect Update
Herbicide Drift in Rice, Dr. Bill Williams, 10:30.
Soybean Inoculation, Dr. Ron Levy, 11:00.
Soybean Diseases, Dr. Boyd Padgett, 11:15.
Soybean Insects, Dr. Roger Leonard, 11:30.
Soybean Weed Control, Dr. Bill Williams, 11:45
& Early Burndown
Comments on Varieties, Soybean Seed Reps, 12:00.
Irrigation Systems , Glen Daniels.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|