Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: First blast slated Friday at old Black River bridge
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|First blast slated Friday at old Black River bridge|
Traffic will be halted on Hwy. 84 at Jonesville and part of the town will be evacuated on Friday when the first phase of the demolition of the old Black River bridge is scheduled.
The Town of Jonesville and the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development said traffic will be stopped around 1:20 p.m. Friday with the demolition slated for 2 p.m. Traffic could be at a standstill for up to two hours, officials say.
Additional blasts to complete the demolition are scheduled for Saturday, July 18, at 5 p.m.; Thursday, July 23, at 2 p.m.; and Saturday, July 25, at 5 p.m., according to Justin Reeves of DOTD.
On Friday, a mandatory evacuation will begin in some areas of Jonesville beginning at 9 a.m. Areas to be evacuated include Levee Road north by First Baptist Church, south to 10th Street and all residences east of Willow Street.
The Jonesville Police Department office, which falls within the evacuation area, will be closed from 11 a.m. until the evacuation ends. The department's communications center will be set up temporarily at town hall.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|