Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Concordia 11s finish as state runners-up
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Concordia 11s finish as state runners-up|
The Concordia Parish 11-year-old All-Star team advanced to the state championship game before falling to Monroe 12-1 Sunday in Gonzales.
Concordia finished second to Monroe in the District 5 Tournament.
"We had a strong district and we knew either Monroe or Ruston would be coming out of the other pool," said Concordia coach Whest Shirley. "It was a great experience. I know I never got out of sub-district when I was playing, so this is a great accomplishment for these kids. This is what Little League baseball is all about. This experience will help these kids down the road when they go to the next level."
Monroe scored two runs in the bottom of the first inning and four runs in the bottom of the second before putting the game out of reach by scoring six runs in the bottom of the third.
Pate Shirley, Kade Passman and Corey Henson singled for Concordia Parish, whose lone run came in the top of the fourth.
Concordia advanced to the state championship game with a dramatic 4-2 win over Gonzales in eight innings.
Dylan Parnham's two-run home run in the bottom of the eighth to score Jayden Ivey, who had singled.
Cole Cangemi pitched seven innings and struck out 16 batters while walking none. Concordia scored two runs in the fourth as Tyler Cothern led off with a double and Jake Barlow advanced him to third with a single. Shirley then scored Cothern with a single. Cangemi got on with a fielder's choice and later stole home plate on a wild pitch.
Concordiia blasted Morgan City 17-4 in its opener as Barlow's grand slam home run keyed an eight-run third inning.
Henson laid down a bunt and beat the throw to first base to load the bases for Barlow, who unloaded them with his grand slam. Parish scored nine runs in the top of the fourth, as Parnham delivered a two-run home run.
Chandler Grayson went 3-for-3 while Parnham and Henson each went 2-for-2 Cangemi struck out six and walked three in three innings to pick up the win. Concordia defeated Sabine Parish 4-0 Saturday morning.
Passman struck out 13 batters and allowed just one hit. Concordia scored two runs in the second inning on a double by Jake Barlow, and added a run in the third and another in the fifth.Barlow and Tyler Cothern had multiple hits for Concordia.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|