Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday gets first win at Block
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- September 30th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- September 28th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday gets first win at Block|
Block High head coach Benny Vault said he wanted his team to prove it was the most dominant in the Miss-Lou.
He'll have to settle for at least second best right now after the Bears were beaten by Ferriday High 20-6 at a wet Taliaferro Stadium in Jonesville Friday.
"We needed that win," said Ferriday head coach Freddie Harrison
Ferriday moved down to the Block 1-yard line on its first possession, but turned the ball over on downs.
"We have to do a better job in the red zone," Harrison said. "We did the same thing against Natchez and you just can't miss out on opportunities to score. We have to bow up more when we get down there. We seem to be losing focus when we get close to the end zone."
The Trojans did just that on their second possession as Rodney Lawson scored on a quarterback sneak from the 1-yard line with 6:03 remaining in the opening period.
The score came after Ferriday converted a fourth-and-nine from the Block 10-yard line as Lawson passed to Davonta Scott to the Bear 1-yard line.
"We wanted to take it to them early and the kids came out playing hard with a little bit of an attitude," Harrison said.
Ferriday increased its lead to 14-0 in the second half as Davonta Scott scored on a run from the Wildcat formation.
Block went 78 yards in eight plays on its first possession of the second half as Chris Johnson scored on a 16-yard run.
"The clock was against them and it was hard to throw the ball in the rain," Harrison said. "They moved it against pretty well at times. They have a good football team over there."
Ferriday answered in a hurry as Bobby Madison followed up a 50-yard run with a 10-yard scoring run on an option pitch.
Lawson passed Alfred Brown on the conversion for the final score.
Nieco Amado had an interception for the Trojans, his third pick in three games.s
"It came down to we were able to make more big plays than they did," Harrison said. "Our defense played pretty well, but I wasn't real happy with our defensive line. But we were able to take it to them. It was two teams playing hard until the end of the game."
"We had too many penalties at crucial times," said Block coach Benny Vault. "We shot ourselves in the foot too much. We just have to work harder and cut down the mistakes. We're making progress and we have Jena and Bastrop coming up and we just have to focus on getting better."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|