Story Archives: Huntington falls to Tallulah
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- September 30th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- September 28th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Huntington falls to Tallulah|
Huntington School found itself with its backs now against the wall as the Hounds fell to Tallulah Academy 16-12 in the MAIS District 6A opener in Ferriday Friday.
Huntington must now beat Briarfield and Trinity to finish first or second in the district.
"We've put ourselves in a hole," said Huntington coach Chad Harkins. "But we're going to continue playing hard and work on improving each week. Crazier things have happened. We just have to keep competing."
Tallulah scored first with 5:09 left in the second quarter on a 1-yard run by quarterback Jes Shivers.
Shivers passed to John Robert Fortenberry on the conversion.
Huntington got on the board on its next possession as Eric Bowens scored on a 59-yard scamper. The conversion failed and the Hounds trailed 8-6 at halftime.
Huntington drew first blood in the second half as Bowens caught a short pass from Jess Dossett and turned it into a 73-yard TD play. The conversion failed leaving the Hounds with a 12-8 lead with 7:32 remaining in the third period.
Tallulah answered with a scoring drive that saw Cody Landrum score from three yards out. Cody Isaac ran in the conversion.
Tallulah Academy would take the lead for good with 4:54 left in the third quarter on a Cody Landrum 3-yard touchdown carry. Cody Isaac ran in the 2-point conversion.
The Hounds appeared to pull the game out late, but an 89-yard TD pass play from Dossett to Bowens was negated by a clipping penalty.
"We just had several mistakes which cost us," Harkins said.
Dossett finished 3-for-7 for 123 yards with an interception.
Bowens had 103 yards rushing to go along with his 123 receiving yards.