Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Huntington falls to Riverdale
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- September 30th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- September 28th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Huntington falls to Riverdale|
Huntington head football coach Chad Harkins said before the season he was one or two players away from being a good football team or an average team.
After picking up two players from Jena High, Harkins was fielding a team with a solid offensive unit.
But after having to dismiss those players, along with two others, Harkins was back to square one.
The Hounds struggled on offense Friday in a 20-6 loss to Riverdale that dropped Huntington to 1-4 on the season.
"The bad thing is that we prepared most of the week with those guys," Harkins said. "We had to change everything."
Harkins may have found one bright spot in freshman Shaq Witherspoon, who caught a screen pass from quarterback Jess Dossett with less than three minutes remaining and turned it into a 61-yard gain to the 19-yard line with the Hounds trailing 14-6.
However, an interception when the receiver slipped turned into a 93-yard interception return for a score by Matt Makowsky to seal the win for the Rebels.
Huntington also come up short two other times in the first half inside the Riverdale 10-yard line.
Huntington's only score came late in the third period on a 3-yard scoring run by Kevin Brown.
Huntington finally got on the scoreboard with 40 seconds left in the third as Kevin Brown crashed in the end zone from three yards out.
"We had opportunities, but had several plays called back and too many mental mistakes," Harkins said. "We just couldn't get it in the end zone."
Huntington travels to Briarfield Friday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|