Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Programs planned for Archaeology Month
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- September 30th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- September 28th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- Programs planned for Archaeology Month
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Programs planned for Archaeology Month|
October 2009 is Louisiana Archaeology Month. On tap are various activities, displays, tours, and museum exhibits, all sponsored by the Louisiana Archaeology Society, National Park Service, the Kisatchie National Forest, and the Office of the Lt. Gov., Dept. of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, and the Office of Cultural Development.
Activities slated are:
Thursday, October 1, at 6 p.m. at the ULM Library at 4100 N. E. Drive on the 5th floor, Room 502. Dr. George Avery will speak on "Dating Old Bottles: Fort Miro Site Artifacts. Contact Cyndy Robertson at 318-342-1054. Avery will talk about bottle identification and then guests will visit a Special Collections exhibit at the library.
Thursday, October 1, at 7 p.m. at the ULM Natural History Museum at 4020 N. E. Drive, 3rd Floor, Sandel Hall. Dr. James Avery will speak on "How To Tell The Age Of A Bottle." Call Joe Saunders at 318-342-1899 for further information.
Thursday, October 1 to Friday, October 30, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon-Thursday and 7:30 am to 11 am on Friday. An exhibit "Fort Miro Archaeology" will be on display at the ULM Library, 4100 N. E. Drive,. 5th Floor, Room 502 and led by Dr. Diana Greenlee, Dr. George Avery and Dr. Joe Saunders. Contact Cyndy Robertson at 318-342-1054 for further information.
Tuesday, October 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Lincoln Parish Library Headquarters at 910 North Trenton Street in Ruston, a Civil War Family Artifacts – Explanations and Description, Artifact ID, and talk about the RELIC "Battleground Louisiana" which relates Civil War Events and Experiences will be led by Dr. Marshall Scott Legan. Contact Vivian McCain at 318-251-5030 for more information.
Tuesday, October 6, Snyder Memorial Museum & Creative Arts Center, 1620 E. Madison Avenue, Bastrop will host a introduction/reception at 6 p.m. to host the exhibit "1933 Excavations of the Great Mound in Troyville." Dr. Joe Saunders will present a program "An An introduction About Mounds: They Don't Make Them Like They Used To." The exhibit will be on display from Tuesday, October 6 to Tuesday, October 20. Museum is open from Tuesday to Friday each week. For further information, call Melissa Smith at 318-281-8760
Copies of the statewide schedule of events or Driving Trail Guide to the mounds may be obtained from Archaeology Month Coordinator, Nancy Hawkins by calling 225-342-8164 or go to www.crt.state.la.us/archaeology.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|