Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday takes on Peabody
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday takes on Peabody|
Ferriday High faces its second straight Class 4A opponent as the Trojans travel to Alexandria to face Peabody High for the Warhorses' Homecoming.
"We play these types of teams to make us tougher and get us ready for district," said Ferriday coach Freddie Harrison, whose team opens district play against Mangham on October 9. "Peabody is gong to run the ball right at us. We're a little banged up right now, so hopefully we can come out of this game healthy. But we need to to have some intensity about ourselves. We try to mix things up in our schedule to keep the guys motivated and from getting complacent. The second season is almost upon us."
Peabody started off the season with a 41-0 win over Bolton, but has dropped three straight games to Washington-Marion (14-8), Carroll (26-12) and Crowley (28-26).
The Warhorses are led by Phillip Payne, a former offensive guard for legendary Grambling coach Eddie Robinson, who's beginning his second year as the Peabody coach.
Payne, a former head coach at Wossman High School in Monroe (1973-84), took the Peabody job after his second stint as an assistant coach at Carroll High School in Monroe (2001-07).
The Warhorses are led by running back Jalen Richard, a 5-foot-10, 185-pound sophomore who rushed 107 times for 606 yards (5.7 yards per carry) and four touchdowns last season.Richard was among a large group that participated at Oklahoma University's National Ultimate100 combine. Richard was clocked at 4.64 in the 40 and had a 32-inch vertical leap.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|