Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday rallies past Wossman
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday rallies past Wossman|
Ferriday High arrived at the dance a bit late, but it was just in time to celebrate Homecoming with a big win over Class 4A Wossman, 16-10.
The Trojans scored both of their touchdowns in the final period.
"I think our guys bought into all the Homecoming hype," said Ferriday head coach Freddie Harrison. "Homecoming is a coach's nightmare."
The win was big for the Trojans in that they earned 16 power points by defeating a school bigger in classification.
"That's why we have the schedule we do," Harrison said. "And it gives us a chance to be successful down the road."
Wossman was coming off an open date after blasting Madison Parish, 64-0 and losing to Carroll, 23-12.
Ferriday, whose only loss was by a touchdown against Natchez in their opener, trailed Wossman 10-0 at the end of the third quarter.
Rodney Lawson got the Trojans on the board in the final period with a 1-yard run and passed to Alfred Brown on the conversion to bring the Trojans to within two points.
Ferriday's defense held and the Trojan offense hit the big play as Lawson teamed up with Davonta Scott on a 46-yard scoring play.
Bobby Madison ran in the conversion.
The Ferriday defense held 6-foot-4, 150 pound running back Herdurius Scott to under 100 yards.
Scott led the Wildcats' offense with 107 yards rushing and two touchdowns against Carroll, catching a pass for three yards.
"Our defense kept us in the game," Harrison said. "Marques Lewis made several big plays. But it's like this team doesn't play until it has to. We either play up or play down to the competition and we have to stop doing that."
Ferriday visits Peabody Friday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|