Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Library upgrading system
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Library upgrading system|
Concordia Parish Library is upgrading its library system to a web-based system, Polaris.
The Library will be closed for training Tuesday, October 13th thru Thursday, October 15th and will reopen on Friday, October 16th. The library staff will be trained by a Polaris technician from New York, Monday, October 12th thru Friday, October 16th.
With this new system there will be some changes:
• Fines will increase from 5 cents per day to 10 cents per day for each book, magazine, newspaper, and vertical file. Fines for Books on tape/CD, DVD's, Equipment, Music CD's, and videos, will decrease from $1 per to day to 50 cents per day for each item listed. All fines will be waived if overdue materials are returned by October 31st.
• Each citizen will be required to register/update their information to use the library services. Proof of residence (i.e. utility/phone/cable bill, bank statement, or voter registration) and Driver's License or Photo I.D. will need to be presented at time of registration. New patrons will be allowed to check out two items while their registration is being processed. They will be able to pick up their library card from the registering branch in three (3) days. Parents will be required to give Driver's License/Photo I.D. to register their child. Parent must sign child's registration to give their child Internet permission.
• Patrons will have the option to receive email notifications for overdue materials, requests that are on hold, and any upcoming events of interest. Be sure to include your email address on your registration form.
These changes, approved by the Library Board, are to assist the public library in being more accountable for public property.
This automation upgrade is to enable the library to operate more efficiently. The library appreciates your cooperation.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|