Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Keep those votes coming in
- 2013 - 348 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Keep those votes coming in|
We went over the 200-vote mark in the Concordia Sentinel's poll asking you to vote on the best-ever athlete in the parish.
Thanks to all of you who voted. And those who haven't - what's the problem?
I was going to wait until Thanksgiving to take the top five and put them into one poll to vote on until Christmas. But I'm calling an audible and will take the top five at the end of October and put them into one poll to be voted on until Christmas.
At the start of the new year, I will do features on the top three vote-getters.
Right now Donnie Daye leads the pack with more than 40 votes. Walter Johnson and Keith Woodside are neck and neck with 20. Right now, the fourth and fifth spots look to be a horse race between Jarrett Hoffpauir, Max Fugler, Nathaniel Williams, Mack Moore Jr., Gerald Vaught, Shawn Griggs, George Cupit and Eddie Ray Jackson.
I received a note from the Committee of 100 protesting that I didn't list Daryl Daye among the final 25. Tell me that doesn't have Dee Horton written all over it.
I passed that on to Penny Daye, who let her husband Donnie know about it.
Donnie said we got it right the first time.
Daryl is the defensive coordinator at Missouri Southern and has had a number of injuries to deal with this year.
His defense stepped up two weeks ago in Missouri Southern's 34-13 win over Emporia State. The Lion defense came up with six interceptions and a fumble recovery.
Daryl is also an outstanding special teams coach. Hopefully we can get him back down this way soon.
Getting back to the voting, we'll do features on the top three vote-getters at the start of 2010.
I did the same in Natchez in 1999 and Tony Byrne was the top vote-getter, followed by Joey Porter and Perry Lee Dunn.
It was actually a huge runaway with Tony getting more than two-thirds of the votes.
I told Tony at the time he should run for mayor again because most of the comments were about what a great guy he was along with being a great athlete.
So keep those votes coming until the end of October and then vote again when we start a new poll in November with the final five.
And hopefully early next year we can do the same kind of poll with the ladies —- let's see, Jeannie Fudickar, Lisa Washington, Penny Moak, Aaronette Eifling, Monique Jones, Lisa Abron, Ann Webster. Something tells me getting the top 25 will be just as tough. I'm open to suggestions until then.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|