Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Murder suspect believed in South Louisiana
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- Murder suspect believed in South Louisiana
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Murder suspect believed in South Louisiana|
A murder suspect in a Vidalia, LA, case may have fled to the South Louisiana region of Gonzales and St. Amant.
According to Vidalia Police Chief Ronnie G. "Tapper" Hendricks, suspect Michael Kelly Stevens, 41, has at least one relative and a former girlfriend living in that area. There's also been a report of the murder victim's stolen truck possibly being spotted there.
Stevens, a convicted pedophile in both Texas and Louisiana, is the primary suspect in the death of Michael W. Welch, 52, whose body was found in his Vidalia home Oct. 4. The victim's throat had been cut and a knife believed to be the murder weapon was found at the scene.
Stevens is described as a white male, 6-ft., 1-in. tall, 210 lbs., having brown hair and blue eyes. Hendricks said it is believed that Stevens has stolen and fled in Welch's truck, a silver 2006 Z-71 extended-cab Chevy Silverado, Louisiana license plate number W746162.
The Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office is assisting in the homicide investigation. Anyone with any information pertaining to this case is urged to contact Investigator Randy Stockman with the Vidalia Police Department (318-336-5254) or Investigator David Hedrick with the Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office (318-336-5231).
|Frank Morris Murder Series|