Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ordinances, fund transfers okayed by Jury
- 2013 - 348 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ordinances, fund transfers okayed by Jury|
The Concordia Parish Police Jury took care of a number of matters, from the adoption of road ordinances to fund transfers during, its regular meeting Monday.
The Jury also met in executive session to discuss personnel matters.
During the meeting, the Jury:
-- Voted to seek a state Capital Outlay grant for dredging and channel clearing of Cocodrie Bayou.
-- Approved a proposal for a Louisiana Recovery Act grant of $470,000 of which $200,000 will be used by the Town of Ferriday for its water system and $270,000 will be used by the Jury to build a new roof on the old courthouse.
-- Voted to reimburse the Airport Authority for building maintenance expense totaling $1,537.32 and for audit expense of $2,500.
-- After a public hearing, adopted an ordinance to set a five-ton load limit and no parking on the following roads: Jim New, Knocker, Mac Scott, Mill Town, Lincoln, Eisenhower, Lynn Haven, Netherland, Howard, Leo Ivy, Leroy Williams, Lyons, Nicholls Drive Extension, Sage and B.J. and set a 20-ton load limit on East and Roundtree roads.
-- Readopted an ordinance changing the load limit on Moose Lodge Road from five tons to 20 tons.
-- Voted to pay $4,000 to Aquaterra for geotechnical work relative to Phase III road improvements.
-- Voted to remove old storage buildings from the new courthouse.
-- Approved payment of $7,610.07 to Davenport, Files & Kelly for services rendered.
-- Passed an Enterprise Zone endorsement resolution for Rig Masters for sales tax reductions.
-- Approved occupational licenses for Stor-It At Home L.L.C., 6258 Hwy. 84, Ferriday; Jacinta R. Walker, 101 Smiling Faces Child Care and Learning Center, 4967 Hwy. 84 West, Vidalia; and William Kenneth Vanderford, White Ghost Repair, 307 Stephens Rd., Vidalia.
-- Approved transfers of $1,455 from Highway Maintenance to General Fund, $3,350 from Drainage Maintenance to General Fund, $1,585 from Solid Waste to General Fund, $850 from Public Health to General Fund, $5,025 from Sales Tax to General Fund and $1,000 from General Fund to Criminal Court.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|