Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Four arrested in Vidalia shooting
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Four arrested in Vidalia shooting|
Three Vidalia men were charged with attempted second-degree murder following an early morning shooting Thursday on Peach Street in Vidalia.
Michael Riley, 24, 602 Maple St., Keywon De'Shay Jackson, 18, 203 Pine St., and Quancy Hawkins, 20, 103 Gillespie St., were charged after the incident.
Vidalia Police Sgt. Delane Bush said the incident started at approximately 2 a.m. when one of the suspects and the juvenile had a verbal altercation about a female.
In a separate incident, the female the suspects were arguing about filed a report against Quancy Hawkins' brother, Quincy Jarmel Hawkins, 21, 103 Gillespie St., Vidalia.
In her complaint, the victim stated that Quincy Hawkins pointed a weapon in her face and threatened her, Bush said.
Quincy Hawkins was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm.
Later, at approximately 3:45 a.m., the suspects and the victim apparently met each other in the roadway, and shots were fired from the suspect's car into the victim's car, where one bullet struck him in the leg.
The victim was transported to Natchez Regional Medical Center and his wounds were not life threatening.
Bush said residents reported hearing three or four shots, and police were able to recover four bullet casings.
They also recovered the weapon — a 9mm handgun — by the canal bridge.
The victim later identified the vehicle from which the shots were fired, which Hendricks said was located at a Vidalia apartment complex on U.S. 84.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|