Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Cathedral loses another heartbreaker
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Cathedral loses another heartbreaker|
Pierson Waring kicked a 23-yard field goal in overtime to give St. Aloysius a hard-fought 10-7 win over Cathedral played in a muddy field Thursday in Natchez.
"We had our chances," said Cathedral coach Craig Beesley. "We just can't get over the hump. We have a hard time scoring in close because we just don't have that big back. But our kids don't give up. They amaze me with their perseverance."
The contest was stopped for about 30 minutes because of lightning.
Cathedral's only score came in the final quarter down 7-0 as Daniel Huffines caught a punt at midfield and went down the sidelines for a touchdown to tie the score with 9:43 remaining.
St. Al had a chance to win the game in regulation, as the Flashes drove inside the Cathedral 10-yard line in the final five minutes, but Cole Mann recovereda fumble to end the threat.
Cathedral got the ball first in overtime at the St. Al 10-yard line. After two runs netted four yards, Huffines faked a run and tried a jump pass that was intercepted in the end zone.
After taking over at the Cathedral 10, the Flashes ran two plays to set up Waring's field goal attempt, and the senior split the uprights from 23 yards out.
Cathedral plays at Bogue Chitto Friday.
"They lost a lot, but they have one big back," Beesley said. "We still have an outside chance. We just have to keep playing hard."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|