Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Huntington upsets WCCA
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- December 2009 - 147 articles
- November 2009 - 140 articles
- October 2009 - 168 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- October 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- October 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- September 2009 - 128 articles
- August 2009 - 109 articles
- July 2009 - 144 articles
- June 2009 - 106 articles
- May 2009 - 115 articles
- April 2009 - 157 articles
- March 2009 - 126 articles
- February 2009 - 132 articles
- January 2009 - 119 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Huntington upsets WCCA|
There was nothing on the line but pride.
But pride was enough motivation as the Huntington Hounds upset Wilkinson County Christian Academy 28-14 Friday in Ferriday.
"We felt like we could move the ball on them," said Huntington head coach Chad Harkins. "The guys really played hard and with a lot of heart."
Huntington, 3-7, scored the first touchdown of the game as Kevin Brown went in from six yards out for the score with 2:10 remaining in the first quarter.
WCCA's defense accounted for its first touchdown as Todd Gonda returned an interception eight yards for a touchdown. Gonda's kick put the Rams up 7-6.
Huntignton quarterback Jess Dossett answered the score with a 58-yard run from scrimmage midway through the second period to give Huntington a 12-7 advantage.
WCCA went up 14-12 at halftime as Matthew McGraw scored on a 13-yard run.
Neither team scored in the third period, but Huntington took the lead for good with 8:03 remaining in the game on a 1-yard run by Brown. Dossett added the run for two.
Brown closed the scoring wtih a 9-yard TD run and ran in the conversion.
Brown finished with 22 carries for 121 yards, one catch for 27 yards, and 14 tackles, two of them for a loss, from his defensive line position.
Dossett completed five-of-eight passes for 83 yards and he had eight tackles at linebacker.
WCCA (4-5) was led by Tip McKenzie, who had 16 carries for 151 yards, and McGraw, who had seven carries for 88 yards.
"Brown and Dossett played tremendous games," Harkins said. "They decided there was no way we were going to lose this game.
Huntington hosts Trinity Episcopal in its season finale Friday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|