Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Danny's gets alcohol license with stipulations
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Danny's gets alcohol license with stipulations|
After a year-long controversy, the Vidalia Town Council voted Tuesday night to grant a beer and alcohol license to Danny's Lounge.
The business located off of Martin Luther King Drive in Vidalia has been a matter of contention and in December, 2008, the council refused to renew the license citing safety concerns and 37 complaints since 2006.
Alderman Tron McCoy made the motion to approve the license with the following stipulations:
- Provide two security guards per 100 patrons.
- Allow no drinks through the door or out the door.
- Provide metal detectors.
- Periodic review of complaints will be held.
- Employee training required for handling obnoxious persons.
- No loitering allowed outside the business.
- Club rules must be posted in the establishment.
- The club will close at 2 a.m. with the parking lot cleared by 2:30 a.m.
- The license is granted with a six-month probationary period
The license was approved unanimously and will go into effect January 1. Seventeen other Vidalia businesses selling beer and liquor were granted renewal.
In other business, the council accepted a line donation from Entergy Corporation. The portion of line near Fruit of the Loom is set for abandonment by Entergy. Vidalia now owns all lines inside the city limits.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|