Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Herman H. Green
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- January 28th, 2010 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- January 27th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- January 21st, 2010 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 20th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 19th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 14th, 2010 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 13th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 12th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 11th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 7th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 6th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Herman H. Green|
Services for Herman H. Green, 85, of Vidalia, who died Saturday, January 2, 2010, at the VA Nursing Home in Alexandria were held Tuesday, January 5, 2010.
Funeral services were held at Cypress Creek Baptist Church in Dodson with Pastor Nick Barrett officiating. Interment followed in the church cemetery.
Mr. Green was born in the Winn Parish community on November 6, 1924, the son of Minni Barnes Green and James Monroe Green.
Mr. Green was a police officer in Vidalia for two years and later became a game warden for the state of Louisiana. He was shot in the line of duty in 1969 and retired in 1982.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters, Edna Green Calhoun of Monterey, and Linnie Green Bullick of Bienville.
Survivors include his wife, Louise Myers Green; five children, Virginia Gayle Cuddy (William R. Bishop, Sr.) of Centre, Ala., John Harrison Green (Phyllis Ashley) of Marshal, Ark., Debra N. French of Humble, Texas, Darryll Eugene "Buddy" Green (Patty McCarthy) of Jonesville, and Robert Marion Green (Julianna Moore) of Galveston, Texas; grandchildren, Jamie E. Walters, Scott D. Green, Christopher R. Counts, Rebecca A. Cuddy Reed, Clay Green, Eric French, Sorena L. Green, Robert M. Green and Nicky Green; great-grandchildren, Cameron J. Johnson, Jessica L. Green, Colby Johnson, Kari E. Green, Tristan R. Johnson, Rachael A. Green, Sidney N. Cuddy, Haley N. Green, Clay J. Wagers and Lance Wagers; two brothers, J. M. Green, Jr. (Marylou), Paul Green (Betty); two sisters, Louisa Green Anderson and Pauline Green Durbin.
Pallbearers were John H. Green, Darryll E. Green, Robert M. Green, Scott D. Green, Cameron Johnson and David Bullock.
Honorary pallbearers were Milton Green, Christopher R. Counts and Eric French.
Thanks go to special friends and relatives the James Chandler family, the Ray Curlee family, Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Green and Magnolia Funeral Home of Alexandria.
Memorials may be made to a charity of choice.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|