Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Johnson named chief judge
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- January 28th, 2010 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- January 27th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- January 21st, 2010 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 20th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 19th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 14th, 2010 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 13th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 12th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 11th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 7th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 6th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Johnson named chief judge|
Judge Kathy Johnson became Chief Judge for the Seventh Judicial District Court on January 1, 2010.
The court rules of the Seventh Judicial District Court will be amended so the position of Chief Judge will rotate on a yearly basis.
The duties of the Chief Judge approved by the Louisiana Supreme Court are to preside over the judge's meetings, to represent the court in ceremonial functions, to exercise general supervision of administrative functions, to supervise expenditures by the judicial expense fund, oversee all financial planning and other duties.
Johnson has served as District Judge for Catahoula and Concordia parishes since March, 1996. She was elected in 1996 in a special election after Judge Glenn Gremillion was sworn as a member of the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals. At that time Johnson became the first female ever to be elected as a judge in the 7th Judicial District. Prior to her election as judge, Johnson served as the first female Clerk of Court in Catahoula Parish.
Johnson implemented the 7th JDC Juvenile Drug Court in 2005 and the Truancy and Behavioral Court for the school systems in Catahoula and Concordia parishes. She also serves, along with Judge George Murray, on the Central Louisiana Juvenile Detention Facility which serves seven surrounding parishes.
Johnson said she hopes to improve services rendered by the court and encouraged local attorneys to participate in school programs which teach students about the lawyer's role in society.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|