Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Parnham returns to Lady Vikings
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- January 28th, 2010 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- January 27th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- January 21st, 2010 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 20th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 19th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 14th, 2010 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 13th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 12th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 11th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 7th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 6th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Parnham returns to Lady Vikings|
Vidalia High softball coach Gary Paul Parnham returns to the softball diamond hoping to return the Lady Vikings back as one of the elite programs in the state.
Parnham, who assisted with the Viking baseball team the last three years, coached the Vidalia softball team from 1997 to 2006. He led the Lady Vikings to the state championship in 2003.
Now Parnham is back as head coach and hopes to turn around the fortunes of the Lady Vikings, who won one game last season.
"Losing becomes a habit, so we have to get them out of that mentality," said Parnham, who will be assisted by Amanda Wingfield, who pitched for him in 2000.
Parnham will be counting on Cathedral transfer Laura Perrilloux on the mound.
"Laura is a hard worker and we're certainly excited to have her here," Parnham said.
Sophomore Randi Cox will also see time on the mound.
The Lady Vikings were beset by injuries last season. Caitlyn Hendricks suffered a fractured ankle in the fifth game of the season and Kaitlyn Thornton missed the season because of a knee injury.
Thornton, a sophomore, will catch and play third base.
Hendricks, a junior, will be in the infield along with Kassi Randall and Eryn Secrest, the lone returning starting seniors.
Secrest led the Lady Vikings in hitting last season with a .378 mark.
Sophomore Kennedy Beard started in the infield as a freshman.
Junior Jenna Spears and sophomore Kadesha Thomas will also see playing time.
"I don't have a set lineup because we've only been able to get on the field once," Parnham said.
Vidalia has two games and a tournament in Monroe before beginning District 3-3A play at Bunkie on February 25.
"That's the only problem with a large district, you don't have a lot of time to get ready," Parnham said.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|