Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Fatal crash reported in Concordia
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- March 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- March 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- March 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 1st, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Fatal crash reported in Concordia|
A single vehicle crash killed a man from Monterey early Friday morning.
State troopers responded to the crash around 6:40 a.m. which occurred in Concordia Parish on La. Hwy 129 south of La. Hwy 565.
The crash involved a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville driven by Sandon L. Kemp, 53, according to the State Police. The Pontiac was north bound on La. Hwy. 129 when Kemp lost control and exited the right side of the roadway. After exiting the roadway, the vehicle collided with a mailbox before Kemp overcorrected, reentered the roadway, and exited the left side.
The State Police said once the vehicle exited the left side of the roadway, it collided with a property line marker, a tree, and an embankment before coming to rest on its roof.
Kemp was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected during the crash, State Police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to State Police, which noted that the exact time of the crash is unknown at this time.
Routine toxicology tests are pending. The crash remains under investigation.
Troop E Troopers have investigated 12 fatal crashes for the year of 2010, resulting in fourteen fatalities.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|