Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vidalia hosts Rayville
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- March 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- March 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- March 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 1st, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Vidalia hosts Rayville|
Rayville High brings its high-scoring offense to Vidalia Friday as the Hornets and Vikings meet for the right to participate in the Top 28 Tournament in Lafayette next week.
Tip-off is 7 p.m. at Vidalia High and tickets are $7. Vidalia High students will be allowed to purchase one ticket Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon. All other tickets will be sold on Thursday from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. unil they are sold out. There is a limit of four tickets per person.
The quarterfinal matches up the No. 1 Vikings against the No. 8 seed Hornets.
Rayville defeated Northeast 107-81 in the first round and outlasted Crowley 106-102 Tuesday night.
"I didn't expect Crowley to score that many points," said Rayville head coach Larry Wilson. "We hit a little drought, but our kids responded. Both teams played well."
Wilson said he expects another good game at Vidalia.
"They've got some talent and they shoot the ball well," he said, "We're going to put some pressure on them and try to wear them down. We like a fast tempo and getting up and down the floor."
The Hornets are led by guard Earl Williams and forwards PhaQuinton Lawson and Jamarus Murphy.
Lawson played quarterback for the Hornet football team and accounted for more than 4,000 total yards in his career. He signed a football scholarship with Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead, Ms.
"We just hope to contain Vidalia," Wilson said. "To be the No. 1 seed they have to be doing something well. But the best team doesn't always win. Hopefully we can be on that night and they don't play as well as they've been playing."
Vidalia head coach Robert Sanders said the Vikings will be working on their press offense.
"We have to play good defense and not allow them to get in transition," Sanders said. "We may have to slow it down a little bit."
The winner of the Vidalia-Rayville game faces the No.5 Abbeville versus No. 4 E.D. White in the semifinals in Lafayette. The day of the semifinal game is to be announched.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|