Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Huntington routs Tallulah
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- March 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- March 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- March 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- March 1st, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Huntington routs Tallulah|
Huntington School started out district play with a convincing win, defeating Tallulah 13-3 Tuesday in Ferriday.
"We played pretty good," said Huntington coach Matt Mason. "This is two nights in a row where our pitchers threw strikes and we got some timely hits. We just have to take each game in district one at a time. I feel like we can be competitive."
Jess Dossett got the win for the Hounds.
"Jess did a good job throwing strikes, especially early," Mason said. "He got a little tired later, but he pitched through it."
Dossett and Matthew Humphries had two hits each, while Holden Hill doubled.
"It seems like they are starting to understand what we are trying to do, not just getting up there and swinging the bat, but moving runners up and situational hitting," Mason said.
Huntington travels to Tallulah Friday before visiting Tensas on Tuesday in district play.
Huntington defeated Wilkinson County Christian Academy, 15-4 Monday night in Woodville.
Hunter Knapp got the win.
"Hunter did a good job," Mason said. "He only walked two and we finally played some defense."
Mason moved Jess Dossett to the lead-off spot and he singled.
"I want Jess to have more at-bats," he said. "He gets on base nearly every time."
Jarred Hedrick singled twice.
"Jarred hit the ball well," Mason said. "A few others are starting to swing the bat better. It was a much better performance overall than what we've had."
Huntington fell to Franklin, 21-7 Thursday as the game was close through the first six innings before the Cougars unloaded over the final two stanzas.
"I left Jess in there too long," Mason said. "He was doing a good job and wanted to keep pitching, but he got tired."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|