Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Teen dies in crash on Moose Lodge Road
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- April 2nd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Teen dies in crash on Moose Lodge Road|
A teenage passenger -- Jimmy Williams Jr. of Vidalia -- was killed in a one-vehicle crash in Concordia Parish early Monday morning.
Louisiana State Police Troop E Troopers investigated the crash at about 12:20 a.m. and gave this account of the accident:
A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt was traveling west on Moose Lodge Rd. and was entering a slight curve when the driver lost control of the vehicle. The car began to rotate to the right and traveled 160 feet before running off the road to the right. The car traveled about 65 feet off the roadway before it overturned onto its left side and struck a utility pole.
The driver, identified as 17-year-old Cody Mcentyre from Vidalia, received moderate injuries in the crash and was transported to Natchez Regional Hospital for treatment.
A passenger in the vehicle, identified as 18-year-old Jimmy Williams Jr. from Vidalia, had to be extricated from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene by the Concordia Parish Coroner's Office.
A second passenger in the vehicle, identified as 17-year-old Jenny Jo Williams from Vidalia, was transported to Natchez Regional Hospital with moderate injuries. Jenny Jo and Jimmy are siblings.
Impairment is unknown at this time and routine toxicology tests are pending. None of the occupants were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash. The crash is still under investigation and charges are pending against the driver.
Troop E Troopers have investigated 17 fatal crashes for the year of 2010, resulting in nineteen fatalities.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|