Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ruth Greene Evans
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- April 2nd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ruth Greene Evans|
Funeral services for Ruth Greene Evans of New Era were held Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 2 p.m. at New Era Baptist Church with Rev. Dennis Baker and Rev. Lloyd Trisler officiating.
Interment followed at New Era Baptist Church under the direction of Comer Funeral Home.
Ruth, age 82, entered eternal rest April 3, 2010, at 2:25 p.m. peacefully, surrounded by her family and loved ones. She was born March 17, 1928, to Joe and Roberta Bordelon. She was a lifelong resident of New Era, a member of New Era Baptist Church, a florist, homemaker, loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
She was married to Emmitt Greene, a prominent farmer, businessman and civic leader of Concordia Parish for 32 years.
She is preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one brother, Joe Bordelon III; one sister, Allene Watson; and a nephew, William Bordelon.
Her memories live on in those she left behind: one son, Dwayne Green of Monterey; three daughters, Janice Strong (Omer), Maelene Nichols (Eddie), Denise Parker (Calvin), all of Jonesville; seven grandchildren, Jody Greene, Tonya McCaughey, Meghan Miller, Drew Nichols, Lacey Book, Lance Thompson, and Katelin Thompson; and eight great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Jody Greene, Shane McCaughey, Jesse McCaughey, Drew Nichols, Lance Thompson, Racky Book and Durk Brown.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|