Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Tigers need to be fine-tuned for opener
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- April 2nd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Tigers need to be fine-tuned for opener|
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Hey Les, make sure there is gas in the car and that Gary Crowton doesn't get run over in the pit falling asleep in the box.
At least there's no timeouts in NASCAR.
Although that caution flag sure could have come in handy a few times last year.
LSU's season-opener this fall is the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, which is billed as the "Daytona 500 of College Football."
The game was created by the Chick-fil-A Bowl and ESPN, as a BCS-type game to kick off the season matching two elite football programs on the first Saturday of every season.
For a third consecutive season, ESPN has chosen to make the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game its prime time ABC national broadcast highlighting the opening weekend of the 2010 college football season Chick-fil-A Bowl and ESPN officials announced today.
The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, a Chick-fil-A Bowl event, will match projected preseason top-25-ranked powers LSU and North Carolina on Sept. 4 at 7 p.m. in the Georgia Dome.
Each of the first three match-ups has included teams nationally ranked in the top 25.
The 2009 season-opening Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game featured two top-10 teams, Alabama and Virginia Tech, in a sold-out game that was also nationally broadcast on ABC. The match-up drew a second consecutive on-site appearance by ESPN's College GameDay show and delivered more than 25,000 fans for its pre-game fan activities.
The No. 5 Alabama vs. No. 7 Virginia Tech game earned a 4.2 rating on ABC and saw more than 5.5 million viewers tune in to the broadcast.
Alabama defeated No. 9 Clemson in the inaugural Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, using the win to help propel them to a No. 1 national ranking and an eventual BCS bowl berth. Alabama's defeat of No. 7 Virginia Tech in 2009 began their national championship season and showcased Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram on a national stage.
And who would have ever thought North Carolina fans would be ready for football after a very disappointing basketball season.
How about this, Saturday, North Carolina's spring football game drew 29,000 people despite Tiger Woods in contention at the Masters and the game itself being shown on ESPN.
Past attendance figure barely got past 1,000.
There's a big buzz about North Carolina football. Hopefully that buzz will not be the Tar Heel car leaving the Tiger car behind down the stretch. Otherwise, the pit crew will be digging itself out of the pits the remainder of the season.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|