Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Buford H. Smith
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- April 2nd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Buford H. Smith|
Buford H. "Smitty" Smith, 74, passed away at his home in Midway, Ark., on Saturday, March 27. 2010. Smitty was born June 25, 1935 at Sicily Island. He married Dorothy "Dotty" Massey on September 5, 1976, in San Diego, California.
Smitty was in the U.S. Navy for 20 years and served on various ships and duty stations. He did two tours of duty in Vietnam on a Swift Boat River Patrol. Smitty retired from the Navy in 1975 and worked at the Naval Station Public Works Center in San Diego until 1991. He moved to Midway in 1995 and completely retired at that time. He was a member of the V.F.W. Post 3246 in Mountain Home and the Fraternal Order of the Eagles, 3183 in Midway.
Smitty is survived by his wife, Dotty of Midway; a brother Charles Smith and his wife Chloa of Vidalia; numerous nieces and nephews; stepdaughters, Sharon Morris and husband Tommy of Springfield, MO, and Johnna Algarva and husband Garry of Norwood, MO; stepson, Steve Massey and wife Debbie of Westminster, CO; and numerous grandchildren and great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Bertha Smith, and sisters, Adeline Smedley and Clarice Welch.
A memorial service was held Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 11 a.m. at the Eagles Lodge in Midway followed by a reception.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Hospice of the Ozarks or Bull Shoals Food Pantry will be accepted.
Arrangements by Kirby & Family Funeral & Cremation Services.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|