Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Leo Moreland
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- April 2nd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
Funeral services for Mr. Leo Moreland, 72, of Monterey will be held at New Era Baptist Church on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 2 p.m. with Bro. Dennis Baker, Dr. Ralph Webber, Bro. Jim Thomasee and Bro. Huey Tarpley officiating.
Interment will follow at New Era Baptist Church Cemetery under the direction of Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mr. Moreland was born on July 6, 1937, in Parhams and passed away Monday, April 26, 2010, at St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. He was a lifelong resident of Monterey, a farmer and an active member of New Era Baptist Church. He served as Chairman of the Deacons for many years. He was very active in his community, always helping others, in any way he could.
He was preceded in death by his father, Clyde J. Moreland; and mother, Helen Burley Moreland.
Survivors include his wife, Evalena Moreland of Monterey; daughter, Meredith Moreland of Monterey; brother, L. Rogers Moreland of Monterey; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers will be Van Strebeck, Jason Tiffee, Stephen Moreland, David Moreland, Kenneth Moreland, Jonathan Moreland, Steven Hartman and John Franklin Emory.
Deacons of New Era Baptist Church will serve as honorary pallbearers: Gene Baker, Brian Tiffee, Lynn White, Milton Sanders, Gerald Delhoste, and Curtis Green.
The family will receive friends at New Era Baptist Church beginning at 5 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28, 2010.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the New Era Baptist Church.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|