Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Concordia 12s hosting tournament
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- July 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- July 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2010 (Monday) - 11 articles
- July 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Concordia 12s hosting tournament|
Concordia's 12-year-old All-Stars open play Saturday at 7 p.m. against Catahoula in the sub-district tournament being played in Vidalia.
South Franklin takes on Winnsboro at 5 p.m.
Opening ceremonies will be held between both games.
On Monday, Concordia faces South Franklin at 6 p.m., followed by Winnsboro against Catahoula.
On Tuesday, Concordia takes on Winnsboro at 6 p.m., followed by South Franklin against Catahoula.
"I think it's an advantage playing in your own backyard, especially helping to get over those first-game jitters," said Concordia 12-year-old coach Whest Shirley. "And I think our kids will be more comfortable playing on their own field."
Shirley was head coach of the Concordia 11-year-old All-Star team which advanced to the state championship game before falling to Monroe in Gonzales.
"We've got a couple of new kids, but most of these kids have been through it before, which helps a lot," Shirley said.
Shirley said he prefers the double elimination format, but understands Dixie youth Baseball going to a round robin tournament.
"They want teams to play at least three games," he said. "With a double elimination you would have to do your pitching a little different. And I think it gives you a truer champion."
In 10-year-old sub-district play in Winnsboro, Concordia faces Winnsboro Saturday at 7 p.m. South Franklin meets Catahoula at 5 p.m.
On Monday, Winnsboro faces South Franklin at 6 p.m., followed by Catahoula against Concordia.
Winnsboro faces Catahoula Tuesday at 6 p.m., followed by South Franklin against Concordia.
The Concordia 11-year-olds open play Saturday at 10 a.m. against West Monroe South in Monroe.
Concordia faces Monroe at 2 p.m. on Sunday, followed by a 6 p.m. game Monday.
In 9-year-old play in Monroe, Concordia meets Caldwell Saturday at 11:30 a.m. Concordia faces West Monroe South at 8 p.m.
Seeding play begins Sunday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|