Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Concordia Pitching Machine stars finish second
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- July 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- July 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2010 (Monday) - 11 articles
- July 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Concordia Pitching Machine stars finish second|
The Concordia Pitching Machine All-Stars fell to Winnsboro Nationals 5-4 Friday in the final game of the Dixie Youth Baseball District 5 Tournament in Jonesville.
Both teams entered the game with unbeaten records.
"I was really proud of our team," said Concordia coach Jeannie Hall. "They hung in there and played well the entire tournament."
The Winnsboro Nationals, made up of all 8-year-olds, scored the tying run and winning run in their last at-bat in the fifth inning.
The Winnsboro Nationals advance to the state tournament in Minden with the win.
Concordia opened district play on June 21 with a 14-4 win over Winnsboro American, followed by a 13-2 victory over South Franklin the next night.
Concordia defeated Catahoula 25-2 on June 23 before falling to Winnsboro Nationals.
Concordia qualified for a tournament in Rayville where the top two teams advanced to the state tournament.
Concordia fell to Osterland, 16-3 in its opener. Concordia led Mangham 10-6 going into the final inning before falling 11-10.
Concordia defeated South Franklin 16-2 and Morehouse 14-4.
Concordia was set to play West Carroll Monday night, but Mangham upset Osterland before the rains came. Osterland and Mangham finished with one win each, so both of those two teams advance to state. Concordia's game with West Carroll was cancelled.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|