Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vidalia softball 13-14 win state
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- July 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- July 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2010 (Monday) - 11 articles
- July 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Vidalia softball 13-14 win state|
The Vidalia 13-14 Little League Softball All-Stars captured the state tournament in Jonesboro Monday, defeating Jackson Parish, 8-5.
The Vidalia team now advances to the regional tournament in Odessa, Texas beginning Aug. 6.
Jackson Parish led 5-4 in the fifth inning before Baler Smith and McKenzie Milligan both reached on bunt singles and McKenzie Watts reached on a bunt.
Two passed balls, a walk and another passed ball increased Vidalia's lead.
Following that, two runs scored on passed balls, Karlee Woodruff got the save for Vidalia by pitching a scoreless sixth inning. Starter Taylor Rodgers earned the win.Vidalia started with a 20-0 win over Blanchard.
Vidalia then defeated Jackson Parish by a 22-14 score in a game that lasted almost four hours.
Vidalia scored four runs in each of the first two innings and three more runs in the top of the third inning to what appeared to be a commanding 11-0 lead.
Vidalia scored one run over the next two innings while Jackson Parish scored three runs in the bottom of the fourth inning and two runs in the bottom of the fifth to cut Vidalia's lead to 12-9.
Each team scored five runs in the sixth inning, but Vidalia finally put the game out of reach by plating five runs in the top of the seventh inning.
Karlee Woodruff, who was credited for the save, held Jackson Parish scoreless in the bottom of the seventh.Taylor Rodgers was the winning pitcher and also doubled in tripled in the contest.
Woodruff was 3-for-6 with a double and a triple. Mackenzie went 3-for-5 with three doubles.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|