Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: McCoy remembered for community service
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- July 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- July 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 19th, 2010 (Monday) - 11 articles
- July 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- July 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- July 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|McCoy remembered for community service|
Theodore McCoy of Vidalia, friends and associates recalled this week, was an example of leadership and will be remembered for his dedication to helping others.
His face was also among the most familiar at the Concordia Parish Courthouse in Vidalia.
McCoy, 84, died Monday.
He served as a Vidalia alderman, a hospital board member, on numerous civic boards and once led efforts to rid the parish of litter. He worked as an assistant courtroom bailiff and in transportation for the Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office, and assisted the judges in the Seventh Judicial District in Vidalia for the past two decades.
Lillian Pugh, who serves as the Director of Juvenile Justice in the Seventh Judicial District, said McCoy was always dignified in his court service and dedicated to his job.
"He was a perfect gentleman in every way, and he always watched over the judges very carefully," said Pugh.
(For full story subscribe to The Concordia Sentinel 318-757-3646)
|Frank Morris Murder Series|