Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ashmore seeking 13th title
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ashmore seeking 13th title|
Mitch Ashmore will be seeking his 13th Men's Championships at Panola Woods Country Club this weekend.
Ashmore chipped in a shot off the green on No. 18 that enabled him to finish in a tie with Richard Criswell at 155 last year. Ashmore won the tournament on the second playoff hole.
Ashmore finished the first day at 79, the highest score in the championship round and three strokes behind leaders Shane Young and Pat Hinson.
The win was Ashmore's third in the last four years. He finished second to Criswell two years ago. Criswell was going for his fifth overall title.
"The course is in good shape, but obviously we can use some rain," said Panola Golf Pro Fuzzy DeLaune. "The heat without the rain is really hurting us. We're expecting a number of former champions to be competing, including the ol' grinder (Ashmore)."
Young and Matt Malone, who bogeyed the final three holes last year, finished third at 156.
Hinson, the Senior Club Champion, and Keith Dallalio finished at 157.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|