Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vidalia, Ferriday prepare for official practice start
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Vidalia, Ferriday prepare for official practice start|
Vidalia High first-year head football coach Gary Paul Parnham took a glance up at his calendar in his coaching office and shook his head.
"Wow, two-and-a-half weeks we've got a scrimmage and then the next week it really gets going," Parnham said. "I can't wait."
Parnham and his coaching staff are busy this week with conditioning drills and "chalk talk."
"That's what the Louisiana High School Athletic Association calls it," Parnham said. "Actually, it's pretty good for us because it's given us a chance to go over our new offense and get the kids accustomed to it before we get out there. The players are really excited and ready to go."
The LHSAA does not allow official practices until Aug. 9.
"We'll have to hit the ground running," Parnham said. "We won't have a lot of time before our scrimmage."
Vidalia will scrimmage Buckeye on Aug. 20 in Deville.
Ferriday High first-year head coach Chad Harkins is completing his staff and still adjusting to his new team.
Tron McCoy and Charles Cothern have joined the Trojan football team as assistant coaches.
"The coaches are learning things and then we're passing them on to the players," said Harkins, who also has current Ferriday assistant coach Walter Johnson helping out. Former assistant coach Cleothis Cummings will be head coach of the Ferriday Junior High football team, replacing Kale Davis, who is now at Vidalia.
Ferriday will scrimmage Tioga in Tioga on August 20.
"Everything is going good," Harkins said. "We're wanting them to understand our philosophy and what we're wanting them to do. We're keeping it basic now, but we'll get more detailed once we get out there."
Ferriday will play in the Vidalia Jamoboree on Aug. 28.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|