Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday, Vidalia hit the field
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday, Vidalia hit the field|
Gary Paul Parnham did not have a lot of time to enjoy his first official day of practice at Dee Faircloth Viking Stadium Monday.
"We went out and my quarterback was throwing the ball when a bolt of lightning came down from the sky," Parnham said. "We had to run back in until it passed over."
When he did return, Parnham had his first Viking team running through drills and plays.
"We've got a scrimmage in a week-and-a-half (August 20 at Buckeye), so we have a lot to get in over a short period of time," Parnham said. "But I felt like we had a good practice. The guys got after it pretty good and everything went pretty smooth. We got a lot accomplished and will be putting in more every day."
Vidalia will be able to put on full pads Thursday, the first day of school.
"We're not in as good a shape as we need to be in, especially the bigger guys," Parnham said. "But we'll get there. We'll have to make some adjustments with the heat when school starts and we begin practicing around 3:30. But it's definitely an exciting time. I don't think I could have waited any longer for it to get here."
Chad Harkins was also eager to hit the field Monday with his new team at Ferriday High and saw the opening of his practice session also interrupted by lightning.
"I thought everything went well," Harkins said. "The guys are picking up what we're doing and where they are supposed to go. We'll be fine-tuning some things. We do need to get in better shape and sharpen up a few things. But everything is on track and we're where we need to be right now."
Ferriday will scrimmage Tioga in Tioga on August 20.
Vidalia will host its jamboree on August 28. Ferriday, Madison Parish, Block, Tensas Parish and Delhi Charter will compete in six two-quarter contests.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|