Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: James Buchanan Powell Jr.
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|James Buchanan Powell Jr.|
Graveside services for James Buchanan Powell Jr., 86, of Monterey were held Sunday, August 15, 2010, 3 p.m. at White Cemetery with the Rev. Davon Huss officiating.
Burial followed under the direction of Comer Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mr. Powell was born August 2, 1924, in Natchez, the son of James B. "Buck" Powell Sr. and Zora R. Powell. He passed away Thursday, August 12, 2010, at his residence.
He was a retired drilling consultant for An-son Drilling in Columbia, South America.
Mr. Powell was a lifelong resident of Monterey and was a member of First Baptist Church in Waterproof. He was a veteran of World War II and served in the U.S. Army Air Corp. He was an avid sportsman and a big fan of Louisiana State University football, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Cardinals and the Monterey Wolves.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Freddie Jo Powell; two daughters, Lisa Powell Vogt and Melanie Powell Walker; three brothers, Elvin, Jack and Ford Powell; and three sisters, Eunice Keyes, Willadean Jones and Christine Henry.
Survivors include four daughters, Sandra Lanehart and husband, Charles, of Monticello, Ark., Lori McDaniel and husband, Johnny, of Crowville, Nicki Powell and Teresa Powell, both of Monterey; one son-in-law, James "Red" Walker of Ruston; one brother, Wendell Powell of Texas; nine grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers were Chuck Lanehart, Jacob Lanehart, Seth Powell, Frank Vogt, Jim Walker and Glenn Borden.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|