Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday and Vidalia in scrimmages
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Ferriday and Vidalia in scrimmages|
Ferriday and Vidalia High will be competing in scrimmages Friday.
Vidalia is scheduled to scrimmage Buckeye in Deville Friday at 6 p.m.
Viking head football coach Gary Paul Parnham said if it continues to rain through Thursday, the scrimmage will moved to Vidalia.
Parnham said he will be looking for more aggressiveness from his team.
"I just want to see how far along we are with the new system," he said. "And we haven't shown a lot of aggressiveness in practice. We're not in very good shape right now. We're going to have to play ourselves into shape."
Parnham said the varsity will run 15 plays, followed by the junior varsity running 12 plays, the varsity running 15 plays and the junior varsity running 12 plays.
"I'm anxious to see how well we execute," Parnham said. "And we'll be looking at positions. We're shuffling around every day looking for starters and back-ups."
Ferriday travels to Tioga Friday at 6 p.m. with varsity and junior varsity squads running 15-play series twice.
"I'm anxious to see what kind of shape we are in," said Ferriday coach Chad Harkins, "There are some things we need to fine-tune. It's a lot different when you are going live against somebody else."
Harkins said there are still some positions open.
"I've said every year that you make the most improvement from scrimmage to jamboree to the first game," Harkins said. "One thing that is different for me this year is that we'll be looking more at back-ups. We would like to play guys one way, but if we have a thoroughbred, whether he's a skilled guy or lineman, he's going to play a lot."
Ferriday will play in the Vidalia Jamboree on Aug. 28.
Madison Parish, Tensas Parish, Block and Delhi Charter will also compete in the jamboree.
"I've been pleased so far," Harkins said. "Everything is going well."
Ferriday opens its season on September 3 at Natchez High, while Vidalia High opens the same night against Block in Jonesville.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|