Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Loyd Powell, Jr.
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Loyd Powell, Jr.|
Funeral services for Loyd (Charlie) Powell, Jr., 82, of Vidalia were held Monday August 23, 2010, 2 p.m. at Laird Funeral Home Union Street Chapel with Rev. Stephen Powell and Rev. Bill McCullum officiating.
Burial followed in Greenlawn Memorial Park under the direction of Laird Funeral Home.
Loyd (Charlie) Powell, Jr. was born October 3, 1927 in SoSo, Miss., the son of Loy Washington Powell and Selina Musgrove Powell. He passed away Friday, August 20, 2010, at his residence.
He was of the Baptist faith and attended First Baptist Church of Vidalia until becoming disabled in 2006. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and gardening with his wife. He retired from Johns Manville after 43 years.
Mr. Powell was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather and friend. He will greatly be missed.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters, Opal Powell Mahoney and Reba Breland; one son-in-law, Mallan G. Morgan, M.D.; one step grandchild, Graham Morgan Walters; and one brother-in-law, Lem Miller.
Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Maxine Powell of Vidalia; two daughters, Judy Poole of Seabrook, Texas, and Lana Morgan of Natchez and fiance David Stamper of Fulton, Ms.; grandchildren, Racheal Kane and husband Kim of Austin, Texas; great grandchildren, Kye and Ava Kane of Austin; step grandchildren, Lindsay Devening and husband Will of Natchez, Westley Owens and husband William of Greenville, Ms., Brandon Morgan of Baton Rouge; step great grandchildren, Catherine and Alex Owens of Greenville, Ms., Catie Grey and Conlee Devening of Natchez; sister-in-law, Sue Miller of Crossett, Arkansas; nephew, Gary Miller of Crossett; niece, Beverly Miller of Roanoke, Arkansas.
Pallbearers were Billie Brasher, Clyde Allred, Leo Elizer, Ronnie Poole, Will Devening and J.D. King.
Honorary pallbearers were Edward Daly, M.D., Raymond Lindeman, Perry Willingham and George McClain.
Memorials be made to the American Lung Association, Vidalia First Baptist Church, or the charity of your choice.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|