Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: AC sets goal of making playoffs
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|AC sets goal of making playoffs|
Adams County Christian School had to wait after 20 minutes after its final game to find out if it would be a participant in the playoffs.
But when the Rebels found out that Silliman defeated WCCA, it left AC as the odd man out.
AC finished its season at 6-5 defeating Manchester in its final game of the season.
"This year we want to control our own destiny," said ACCS head coach Paul Hayles.
Senior quarterback Kent Yates broke his arm in the season-opener against CENLA Friday and will be out 6-8 weeks. Junior Johnny Smith is starting in his spot.
"Kent is one of the best quarterbacks we've had at this school in a long time," Hayles said. "He's very smart and does a good job of running the offense."
Senior Brandon Sanders, who rushed for 1,188 yards last season, returns at running back, along with Christopher Perry and Rusty Blackwell.
"Anytime you have a running back put up the kind of numbers Brandon did last year, he's going to be your emphasis," Hayles said.
The offensive line consists of Scotty Floyd, Casey Calcote, Corvin Day, Kevin Campbell and Garrett Keating.
Tight ends are Shane Pollan and Johnny Smith.
Daniel Guedon, Corey Emanuel and Jake Brown are the receivers.
"Our receiving corps is going to be a surprise strength of our team," Hayles said.
Smith and Pollan will be at defensive ends, while Avian Sampson and Keating are the tackles. Linebackers are Zack Day, Perry and Blackwell.
Defensive backs are Tyler Buckles, Daniel Guedon, Jake Brown, Cory Emanuel and Theo King.
Blackwell will handle the punting, while Smith will be doing the kicking.
"We just have to make sure of our assignments and play hard every Friday night," Hayles said.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|