Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Rushing gets first win
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- December 2010 - 59 articles
- November 2010 - 56 articles
- October 2010 - 73 articles
- September 2010 - 128 articles
- August 2010 - 123 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- August 24th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 11th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- August 4th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- July 2010 - 137 articles
- June 2010 - 105 articles
- May 2010 - 103 articles
- April 2010 - 143 articles
- March 2010 - 136 articles
- February 2010 - 98 articles
- January 2010 - 115 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
|Rushing gets first win|
Ron Rushing will be on the winning end of a lot of games at Cathedral High.
None may be as sweet as the first one he got Friday as the Green Wave defeated Central Private School in Baker 28-6 Friday night.
"The guys came out focused," said Cathedral Ron Rushing. "I thought they played well. We made a few first-game mistakes, but once we settled down and picked up their blitzes we were able to get going."
Cathedral junior quarterback Caleb Upton threw an 80-yard touchdown pass to Daniel Huffines with 6:54 to go in the first quarter and Brent Gaude' added the extra point for a 7-0 lead.
Upton sneaked in from one yard just before halftime to give Cathedral a 14-0 lead on the extra point by Gaude'.
"Condition-wise, the guys fought through it," Rushing said. "And they did a good job of stopping the run."
Upton, who was 14-of-23 on the night for 224 yards and no interceptions, threw a 31-yard touchdown pass to Tyler Fleming and Gaudé added the extra point for a 21-6 Cathedral lead.
Carl Hammitte returned an interception 60 yards for the final score.
Huffines caught eight passes for 113 yards for the Green Wave.
Cathedral (1-0) plays at Loyd Star next Friday at 7:30 p.m.
"They are going to be bigger than us up front and come right at us," Rushing said. "We have to play mistake-free football."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|